Buy or Sell a business in Serbia and Montenegro
For over a decade, the attorneys at Ilić | Stojković law firm have been providing legal assistance to business owners in Serbia, Montenegro and other ex-Yu countries so that they may take their businesses to new routes and destinations leveraging on our respective expertise in sales, purchases, acquisitions and mergers arrangements.
Being the transaction facilitators, our focus is predominantly on taking into consideration business plans and intentions of our clients and making them a reality.
Our sale and purchase / M&A services may include:
- Performing full due diligence. As the quality and quantity of information is imperative to informed decision making, our team apply professional diligence to extract any irregularities under the surface of a business transaction so that our clients avoid potential risks and make decisions with the best knowledge possible.
- Supervising business evaluation and negotiating the purchase price. Ilić | Stojković law team, composed of expert negotiators co-operate efficiently with financial advisors to facilitate in securing the best deal at the right price whilst providing our clients with expert guidance at the bargaining table.
- Help in securing finance. By gathering all the information necessary, our law firm can assist in securing the appropriate financing solution and avoid complex financial pit falls ensuring the process is not hindered by or tied up in regulation red tape.
- Counselling you of tax consequences. We work closely with prominent tax consultants to ensure deals are structured correctly for maximum tax benefits.
- Reducing liability. When taking over an existing business, clients most certainly would not want to purchase any lawsuits or other liabilities in respect of such business. Therefore, prior to any acquisition transactions, Ilić | Stojković law firm’s professionals exercise due diligence and ensure clients are protected from surprise lawsuits and liabilities previous owners may be held accountable. To that end, we propose adequate safeguards and measures to mitigate or eliminate risks accordingly
- Structuring the deal. By carefully assessing a particular deal, Ilić | Stojković law firm counsels clients whether to go for an asset deal, a stock purchase, or reorganization while minimizing liability and taxes.
- Negotiating and drafting contracts. Our law firm makes sure our clients’ desires are precisely conveyed in each and every contract. To that end, we then work to implement the terms of those contracts, including litigating contracts as necessary.
Our law firm can appreciate that is not the only professional advisor you might be working with to have your deal done. Hence, we tend to be very pro-active about keeping designated members of clients’ team familiar with all relevant legal aspects of the deal.
If you are looking for advice on buying or selling a business in Serbia, Montenegro as well as Bosnia and Herzegovina, look no further. Contact the business law attorneys and counselors at Ilić | Stojković today to schedule a consultation.
Schedule Your Consultation